United Cajun Navy terminates search for Sebastian Rogers after meeting with authorities

United Cajun Navy terminates search for Sebastian Rogers after meeting with authorities
Missing Sebastian Rogers’ father speaks as search reaches one month mark

A non-profit organisation helping in the search for Sebastian Rogers in Tennessee called off its search on Friday over safety concerns.

Members of the United Cajun Navy reportedly received death threats online and in person, with the group announcing it was regrouping.

Meanwhile, the 15-year-old’s parents met with law enforcement on Thursday, as the search for him nears five weeks.

The 15-year-old’s father said he could not discuss with reporters what the meeting was about, but insisted that he still has hope that his son is out there somewhere.

“I don’t know if he’s been abducted or if he’s just over at a friend’s house, but I’ll know when I find him exactly what has happened to him,” Seth Rogers told Fox 17.

Authorities revealed on Tuesday that at least 10,000 miles had been logged by those searching for the autistic teenager, with an Amber Alert still in effect.

He vanished overnight on 25 February, with his mother Katie Proudfoot finding his bed empty the next morning.

So far there has been no sign of him.

1711982147

Day 36 of searching

The search for Sebastian has reached day 36, with no sign still of the teen.

(Tennessee Bureau of Investigation)

The 15-year-old vanished overnight, having last been seen when he went to bed on 25 February.

Police have shared no evidence of his whereabouts or movements since.

Dan Gooding1 April 2024 15:35

1711978817

Investigators say they have no updates

It has been over a week since law enforcement looking for Sebastian issued any updates.

“We do not have anything additional we are able to provide at this stage,” a spokesperson said. “Special agents and intelligence analysts continue to work with investigators with the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office in pursuing tips and leads.”

Dan Gooding1 April 2024 14:40

1711974633

Sebastian Rogers’ parents confronted by Nancy Grace for leaving home

Sebastian’s mother Katie Proudfoot and stepfather Chris Proudfoot have faced criticism for leaving their home in their RV, while the missing teen’s whereabouts remain unknown.

They told Nancy Grace last week that they did so in order for Mr Proudfoot to return to work.

However they also said they had to leave due to threats being made against them.

Mr Rogers was asked if he believed the pair were suspects at all in Sebastian’s disappearance.

“I have no idea,” he said, after a pause.

None of the parents have been accused by law enforcement of having any involvement in Sebastian’s disappearance and no charges have been filed.

Rachel Sharp1 April 2024 13:30

1711971033

Sebastian Rogers’ parents meet with investigators as questions mount five weeks into search for missing teen

The parents of Sebastian Rogers met with investigators on Thursday, as the search for the missing Tennessee teenager is now in its fifth week.

The 15-year-old, who has autism, vanished overnight on 25 February and has not been seen since.

As the search rumbles on, his father Seth Rogers, mother Katie Proudfoot and stepfather Chris Proudfoot all met with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on Thursday.

Mr Rogers told a local reporter that he could not share what was discussed but that he came away from the meeting feeling positive.

Fox 17 reporter Kaitlin Miller had asked him if the meeting had given him hope.

Rachel Sharp1 April 2024 12:30

1711967400

Dad says he is a ‘walking handout’

Seth Rogers has been frequently interviewed wearing a t-shirt with his son’s face on it.

Seth Rogers says he believes his son Sebastian is playing video games somewhere

(Fox 17 Nashville/YouTube)

“This right here is my own billboard to find my son,” Mr Rogers said of his clothing in an interview with Fox 17 Nashville. “People notice what people are wearing, so I am a walking handout.”

Dan Gooding1 April 2024 11:30

1711963317

United Cajun Navy ends search for Sebastian Rogers after death threats

A group organising searches for missing teenager Sebastian Rogers in Tennessee say they’ve called off an event planned for today, over security concerns.

The United Cajun Navy announced last weekend that it was getting involved in the search for the 15-year-old boy, who was reported missing on 26 February.

However, the group has come under criticism from some on social media for its delayed start to searches after asking for donations of equipment and other supplies.

Rachel Sharp1 April 2024 10:21

1711956600

If Sebastian has not been found, someone has him

That’s the belief of his mother, Katie Proudfoot, who spoke with Crime Stories with Nancy Grace last week:

Dan Gooding1 April 2024 08:30

1711945020

Unclear what investigators told parents

As the search rumbles on, Sebastian’s father Seth Rogers, mother Katie Proudfoot and stepfather Chris Proudfoot all met with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on Thursday.

Mr Rogers told a local reporter that he could not share what was discussed but that he came away from the meeting feeling positive.

Fox 17 reporter Kaitlin Miller had asked him if the meeting had given him hope.

“Oh I always have hope. Can’t take that away from me,” Mr Rogers said.

Dan Gooding1 April 2024 05:17

1711933440

Investigators promise to keep going

In a peek behind-the-scenes in Sumner County earlier in the week, investigators said they would keep going.

“We’re not stopping, we’re working on leads and information from TBI and the sheriff’s office and we’ve got teams on standby ready to go right now,” Ken Weidner, the director of Sumner County’s Emergency Operations Centre, said.

Police ‘ready to search’ all leads on disappearance of missing teen Sebastian Rogers

Dan Gooding1 April 2024 02:04

1711923120

Have you seen Sebastian?

This Amber Alert poster has been shared far and wide as the search rumbles on for Sebastian Rogers.

(Tennessee Bureau of Investigation)

Dan Gooding31 March 2024 23:12

Source Reference

Latest stories